Thanks for being a CVDGC member
Welcome! Thank you so much for signing up to be a member of the Comox Valley Disc Golf Club. We are grateful for your support! Thrilled to virtually meet you and hope to see you out playing one day soon.
Below you will find usefull disc golf related information.
2023 President, CVDGC
How to play Disc Golf?
Be sure to look on YouTube for videos explaining Disc Golf rules and how to throw.
The guys at Latitude64 made a great video series for beginners – https://www.youtube.com/@
Where to buy discs?
The main seller of discs in town is Blue Toque Sports on 5th st. They typically have a good selection including various brands and beginner packages.
You can support local by shopping at www.letsthrow.ca and you can arrange for local pickup in Comox.
Where can I play Disc Golf?
You have some great choices for various courses and events in the Valley. Our main courses are:
- Village Park in Comox https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
- Lake Trail in Courtenay https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
- Coal Creek in Cumberland https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
- The Park at Crowne Isle (seasonal) https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
- Limited to May-September
- Thursday evenings 5:30pm start
- Sunday and Tuesday PM, 9 holes open rotating (TBD)
- Smith Lake Farm https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
- Black Creek Disc Golf Course https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
- Mt Washington Disc Golf https://www.cvdiscgolf.com/
What's Happening with the Club?
Be sure to check out the Club Community page at https://www.facebook.com/
How do I get a Tag?
Every time you play a tag round, you turn in your current tag. At the end of the round the tags are redistributed based on the overall results of the round.
To arrange pick up of a Tag, please connect with email@example.com. Our Members of the Board typically can meet up at Thursday or Sunday games to get a tag to you. Or other pickup arrangements can be made.
What kind of events can I play in?
The club hosts regular weekly events that rotate through our local courses. Please check the Facebook Community page for the current schedule.
- Mondays through the Spring and Summer – Ladies nights
- Thursdays typically rotate seasonally between Glow Disc nights, Doubles events, or the Park @ Crowne Isle.
- Sundays typically have Tag Rounds that rotate through the local courses. All members are welcome and invited to play during tag events.
Check the Comox Rec Centre guide for Family Disc Golf Days and Disc Golf Open House events
Keep an eye on the Facebook Community page for upcoming Tournaments.
More competitive events can be found at https://www.discgolfscene.com/
How do I get involved and volunteer?
We are always on the lookout for interested people to help with volunteering to support the Club. Keep an eye on the Facebook Community page for Work Parties to help spruce up our local courses.
And be sure to reach out to any Member of the Board if you have an idea on how to make Disc Golf in the Valley even better!