I've recently stepped into the President role here with the Club. We've had a few meetings with the Board, and I have to say, I am completely blown away by the passion and excitement in the Board. I was a little unsure stepping into this role and I didn't really know what to expect. Suffice it to say, I am thrilled that Disc Golf in the Valley is in tremendous hands!
The Board Members, and other volunteers I've met so far, are some of the most energetic "get things done" kind of people I've ever met.
In my first few months (has it really been that long?) this Board has brought together some really cool new things. And more things planned for the season. In no particular order:
- Match Play is starting soon
- Easier than ever to find out where Thursday and Sunday events are being played
- The Park is coming back for 2023 on Thursdays (start date TBD)
- High School Students can soon apply for a Disc Golf Bursary
- Tags are available and looking fantastic
- Lost Discs program in partnership with Bean Around the World
- Awesome plans for Tot Lot, Coal Creek and Lake Trail - improvements abound!
- The Board is more organized than ever!
So excited to see you all out on the courses. Reach out and say hello any time! I'm thrilled to chat about any ideas or feedback you might have and look forward to bringing it all back to the Board.
And a reminder, if you are still considering becoming a member of the Club. You can pick up a tag and join the weekly events, but you don't have to! Your $25 annual membership fee actually goes a long way to helping promote the sport and improving our current courses throughout the Valley.